Friday 9 March 2018

SEVEN REASONS WHY

 
A couple of small poems this post.
The first describes a specific day.

SEVEN REASONS WHY THIS IS NOT AN ORDINARY FRIDAY

The chain of red lights on the ceaseless line of lorries.

Such a sun rise.

The quality of light in the trees.

The corona around the clouds.

The colour of the spring grass.

I coast on fumes to Plymouth because I did not check the fuel gauge.

I meet the magpie in the quad for the third time this week, and think I have discovered her m.o.


She watches me as I walk back to my car.
The second is a brief prose poem.

Later he would claim her husband had hired a detective. This conceit made him feel better, invested the tawdry with a mystique it did not deserve. As if it was not all there to see, all you had to do was bring your eyes.
Here is Fireworks. it's off Ruins the new lp by First Aid Kit.
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment